I am excited to share my FREE crochet pattern for trendy flipflops with you !
– Make yourself a pair of trendy summer flipflops, with some Scheepjes Linen Soft leftovers, the yarn you used for the Scheepjes CAL 2015 Flight of Fancy.
– Yarn : Scheepjes Linen Soft, some leftovers in your favourite shades. (shade A, shade B, and a bit more yarn for main shade C)
– Crochet hook : The upper side of the flipflop (the triangle) is made with hook size 3,5 mm and the cord with hook size 3mm.
– Used stitches : chain (ch), slipstitch (slst), slipstitch in back loops, single crochet (sc), double crochet (dc), work double crochet stitches together (dctog), chain-space (ch-sp). I use US crochet terms.
– What else do you need ? Flipflop soles in your own size, tapestry needle to weave in ends, scissors.
(You can get flipflop soles at Deramores : they ship worldwide, you can find them here : flipflop soles.
– Info :
– both slippers are identical. (the patterns I mean, not the soles J )
– First you make the triangle, which is attached to the front of the flipflop.
– Next make the cord, and attach it ‘to’ the triangle.
– Attach both sides of the cords on the sides of the flipflops.
– Round 1 : With crochet hook 3,5 mm : Right side, With shade A, make a magic ring and work in the ring : 2ch+2dctog, 5ch, * 3dctog, 5ch, repeat from * once more, and close round with slst in first group of dctog. Already close round with shade B, and do not cut yarn A, just leave it on the back of your work. Do not turn.
– Round 2 : Right side, with yarn B, * work in dctog : 1sc+3ch+1sc, work in 2ch-sp : 5sc, repeat from * another 2 times and close round with sls in first sc, cut yarn B, do not turn.
– Round 3 : Right side, with yarn A : take yarn A again and work in first 3ch-space : 1slst, 3ch, 2dc +3ch +3dc, 2ch, work in 3rd sc (of 5sc) : 1sc, 2ch, * in next 3ch-sp : 3sdc+3ch+3dc, 2ch, in 3rd sc : 1sc, 2ch, repeat from * once more, close round with slst in 3rd ch, cut yarn and cast off.
– Round 4 : With shade C, right side : cast on with 1slst in any 3ch-sp, work here as well : 1ch+2sc, now work on 1 side of the triangle : 1sc in every stitch OR ch until next 3ch-sp. Work in this 3ch-sp : 2sc. Now attach triangle to the front of flipflop sole by working 1slst in front of sole. Work tightly. Continue by working in same 3ch-sp of triangle : 2sc. Now work over 2nd side of triangle : 1sc in every stitch OR ch until next 3ch-sp. (This means you now have worked over 2 sides of the triangle). Work in this 3ch-sp : 2sc+1ch+2sc. Next work over 3rd side of triangle also 1sc in every stitch or ch and end in the last 3ch-sp (where you started), work in this ch-space : 2 extra sc and close round with slst in 1ch. TURN.
– Row 5 : Front flap for the flipflop made in shade C : after round 4, you have turned. Now work 1ch and 1 row of sc over third side of triangle, making the first and the last stitch in the 1ch-space ! : you now have 17sc, turn.
– Row 6 : 1ch, 1sc in 17sc, turn.
– Row 7-10 : Repeat row 6. At the end of row 10 (right side of your work), cut yarn, leaving a 30cm (12in) tail.
– Cord : Work the cord with main shade C and crochet hook 3mm. Leave a 20cm (8in) tail (used to attach cord later) and : chain 5, close round with with slst in first ch, now make a tube by working slst in back loops of previous stitch. (we have used this same method to make the bracelets. This is another one of my free crochet patterns. Esther from ‘It’s all in a Nutshell’ has made a wonderfull video about how to crochet tubes, you can find the link here : video.
For my feet, the cord was about 16cm (6,4 in) long. Try out what length you need for your food size. When your cord is long enough, cut yarn, leaving a 30cm (12 in) tail.
– Next fold the extra crocheted rows (made whith yarn C) to the inside, and put the cord in it . Take your tapestry needle and sew row 10 on to row 4, stitch by stitch, making sure not to sew into the cord.
– Attach the cord to both sides of the flipflops by sewing them firmly with tight stitches.
– Weave in all ends and ready !
– A printable version of the pattern can be found here : PATTERN FLIPFLOPS
Pattern Copyright : @Annelies Baes – @Vicarno
This pattern is for personal use only. Do not copy, reproduce or sell this pattern. (either digitally or in print). Do not post this pattern online (either the entire document, or a part of it).
You may sell items made by using this pattern, when crediting Annelies Baes – Vicarno as the designer.
Yarn shops and yarn sellers : do not sell this pattern or distribute it without my permission.