FREE knitting pattern for a xlarge, warm and fluffy winter CowlShawl !
The entire cowl is worked double stranded !
Measurements : 155cm / 61in long and 50cm / 20in wide.
Yarn : Wool Addicts Water, 100 % baby alpaca, 50g/140m/153yd, 10 balls
Shade Rose 19 : 4 balls
3 balls of each of the following Shades : Ochre 11 and SeaGreen 74
Needles : 7 mm
Gauge : 14s wide knitted in garter stitch = 10cm / 4in wide.
Other materials : scissors, tapestry needle to weave in ends, ruler, Eucalan and mat for blocking.
Cast on 69 sts using Yarn SeaGreen double stranded (2 threads of yarn held together). Knit garter stitch. (Knit all stitches).
From now on continue in garter stitch until your shawl is long enough, and knit according the follow colour sequence :
– SeaGreen double stranded : 40 rows
– 1 thread SeaGreen and 1 Thread Ochre held tog : 14 rows
– Ochre double stranded : 44 rows
– 1 thread Ochre and 1 Thread Rose held tog : 6 rows
– Rose double stranded : 34 rows
– 1 thread Ochre and 1 Thread Rose held tog : 86 rows
– 1 thread Rose and 1 thread SeaGreen held tog : 2 rows
– 1 thread SeaGreen and 1 thread Ochre held tog : 2 rows
Repeat from * to * 4 times MORE.
– 1 thread SeaGreen and 1 thread Rose held tog : 96 rows
Bind off loosely.
Next put your first row and last row together and slipstitch together to form the cowl-shawl. (or sewing together using small invisible stitches).
Finish by soaking your cowl in lukewarm water with Eucalan and allow to dry naturally on foam mats.